God's given us so much to be thankful for

God's given us so much to be thankful for
I want to live every second of the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Friday, April 23, 2010

It's Friday!


I love Friday's. It's exciting to think about what the possibilities of the weekend hold. Sometimes we have people coming to visit, sometimes it's just us. Lately though it seems like my kids are getting busier and busier and wanting to go off with friends and do their own thing. We've found ourselves on Friday nights now with the older kids off spending the night at friends houses, and it's just us and the twins. Sad sometimes. We used to spend Friday nights playing Monopoly, eating pizza, laughing together. I am starting to get a little ache in my stomach thinking about the song by Darius Rucker, "It Won't Be Like This For Long". Above is a picture of my son, it was his 12 year old, golden birthday. We took him to a Rascal Flatts concert for his birthday. The song I have always had for my kids and I is "My Wish"

Here's the verse: My wish for you, is that your life becomes all that you want it to.
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never have to carry more then you can haul
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to
I hope you know somebody loves you and wants the same things to
Yeah this, is my wish

It's such a perfect song.
Maybe it's the rain today, maybe it's just all of the posts I have read this week, I guess I just woke up this morning and started looking at our weekend and thought, I never believed this would happen so quickly to us. It seemed like just yesterday our kids were here all the time, and my hubby and I just wanted a break!
We are starting to settle into a new routine. We have date nights now on the weekends, we watch movies and don't have to wait anymore till everyone goes to bed at 10pm, twins go to bed at 8pm. It's a new reality. With the approach of the summer, I know we'll be even more busy, and the kids will be off, even when we go camping, they want to go off and ride bikes and off to the playground, they don't want to hang out with us. But I am saving in my heart those little opportunities that we will have. Those times when we can savour the moment. When we will all be around together, laughing, and knowing that we are family, and we are what is most important in each others lives. We will be there for each other no matter what, and not forget that to maintain that, we need time together.
TGIF ladies! I hope you all have some great plans for the weekend! Let me know if you have some ideas that you and your family do together. I would love to hear what you do!

2 comments:

  1. i'm so thankful my kids are little and can't leave yet to sleep at friends houses! i totally understand how it could be sad! :0) hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, they all grow up. My boys are 18 and 16 and we have finally had to give up on waiting to watch movies together, having 'better' meals when we're all available...the 18-year old has a job that always has him working during meal time; the 16-year old frequently stays at school until late directing a play or rehearsing...It is sad, but it is a sign of what is to come. I suppose, in a sense, I am being weaned.

    ReplyDelete